Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Aquas Art: The Balena

Hey look, our second bit of art! This one comes from my lovely lady, who also has a blog, though I don't have a link to it right now - she hasn't shared it with me yet for some reason. This is more of a rough draft than yesterday's Akula art, but there a bunch of things to think about in it.


She had the idea of turning the Whale's tail into legs - it has the same basic structure as human legs, and when pressed together they become almost indistinguishable from a normal whale's tail. The fin sticks out on either side of the feet, with the feet pointing straight back while swimming. Essentially, while swimming they look almost exactly like (small) whales, with just the arms and the little clothing they wear to tell them apart.

I'm not sure about the top one - maybe that is sort of what they look like when they are treading water? I don't know. I think the bottom one is the way to go. The shape of the head can indicate what breed of whale they're based on. I'd still love to see some that are based on the Right Whale - those calliosities could look pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment